Saturday 11 March, 2006

To Mommy Dearest!

It’s been long since I wrote something original … guess i’m too lazy to exercise those good ole’ grey cells, happily cocooned around the white matter .. arrey it's exam time re...
Anyway, I was browsing through some of my old files and I came across this essay that I wrote for my mother in one of those term-exams .. Got reminded of those fab, fab, no words .. school days. I’ll post on school some other day.. but yeah .. I felt really good reading it .. So i thought : Why not immortalize it on my blog eh?

Here it goes…
I wrote this when I was in the 9th grade… I guess ( Pardon the vocab and grammar. Not that there's been any significant improvement … but yeah whatever!)

The Essay topic : Explain how your mother has influenced you life?

‘God could be not everywhere so he made mother’
These lines truly portray the affection, the love and the goodness of the incarnation of God, the Mother. Our mother plays such a pivotal role in our life. From our childhood till we are well settled, it is her advice, thoughts and decisions that play an influencing role in our life. She is there with us at all times, to share our sadness and double our happiness.
Someone truly said, ‘Mother you are God on Earth’

As a child, I considered my mother to be my strongest support. Her warmth and love is truly uncomaparable. My mother’s warm hug after I returned from school gave me the feeling of immense joy and pleasure. Now at the age of fifteen I recollect the way in which she tirelessly listened to my endless conversations. She would show me the ‘Right’ each time I went wrong. My mother’s inspirational words would help whenever I was in a gloomy mood.

I remember how my poor performance in the eighth grade terminal examination had depressed me to such an extent that I lay sobbing for two to three days. It was at that time, when my mother told me that ‘Failure is nothing but a stepping stone to success’. She told me that crying over spilt milk was futile and she inspired me to study hard. I fared with flying colours in my annual examination.

I love my mother for the way she has directed my life in the right path. She imparts her own experiences to me and she tells me not to spend money uselessly as it is extremely tough to earn money.

I recollect those terrible days when my father’s business was not at its best and we had a meagre income. It was in those days that she supported my father by saying that ‘ Life is full of ups and downs’ Her good counsel gave my father the courage to fight out the storm and walk through the hardships

Now, in my youth she advises me to stay away from bad company and rowdy boys. Her softness and gentleness accompanied by the command in her voice gives her an enduring personality. She truly deserves the reverence and respect of everyone.

My mother, for me, is the ideal mother. Beautiful, sensitive and affectionate, she is a thorough all-rounder, a paragon of all virtues. Moreover, she is a fabulous cook too. She has influenced me in every possible way. Her life experiences coupled with the hardships faced gives me the inspiration to work hard and be disciplined throughout my life and at best be a good son.

Thus I conclude by saying that life without a mother’s love is an incomplete life, infact no life at all.
“ How I wish mothers were immortal...”

3 comments:

  1. first off, im so glad to see an original (after AGES) :D
    the blog: B-E-Autiful..n that 2 for a 9th grader!!...lines i loved:
    "...stay away from bad company and rowdy boys.." (too cute)
    "Beautiful, sensitive and affectionate, she is a thorough all-rounder, a paragon of all virtues" (amen)
    "How I wish mothers were immortal..." (ditto here)
    dunno wat we'd do without em!!
    Cheers to our Mommys (lol)
    \m/, (+.+) ,\m/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey anuj........it was pleasure reading it....amazing......n tat too for a 9th grader.........i mean u were gr8 at writing even then....

    "stay away from bad company and rowdy boys".......tat was so cheewt........heheh u better follow it.

    "mother’s warm hug after returning from school"...... tat one hug really meant so much .......it meant the end of all tensions n worries.......

    "don spend money uselessly as its extremely tough to earn money"....tats true man........though v barely think of it while spending it

    "How I wish mothers were immortal".....this cud b de greatest gift GOD cud ever bless som1 wid.

    Really cant imagine a day widout dem...

    THEY R DE BEST.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I wish the same...Nice Essay Anuj....really loved it...all praises already being said in the three comments before me...Just keep writing in the same. way and even better....:)

    ReplyDelete

"The person who writes for the intelligent and smart like you is always sure of a meagre audience" - Anuj Gosalia