Saturday 24 December, 2005

Celebrate Life

Celebrate Life : Your Way !

"It's only when I learnt that I was dying did I learn to live" … goes Abhishek Bachchan's famous line in the lately released flick 'Bluffmaster'…
Boman Irani asks him : how many days can you recollect in your life of 30 years ?
To which Bachchan Jr. replies : 30 days …. & enlightenment dawns upon him…

There's an ancient saying that states " Live as if there was no tomorrow. Dream as if you will live forever".

Morrie in the bestselling non-fiction 'Tuesdays woth Morrie' quotes " Mitch, To learn to live, you must learn to die first"

If you join the dots in the aforesaid statements, you will realize that they all talk about the shallow lives that we derive fulfillment from… As we progress into the depths of the article, I shall repeatedly try and convey the same message through different analogies. The essence being that I wish to eliminate the mediocrity in our lives.

In my MBA coaching class' my English Prof. made this remarkable statement. He had mutually decided with his wife that he will never put forth the excuse 'I do not have time' ever in his lifetime. He has successfully accomplished this pact for the last 30 years. In a profession that demands an unrelenting time commitment he believes that there is always time to do that extra…


That makes me touch the subject of Magic Moments : How many of us in our last 16-20 years have lived lives with enough magic moments.. You could literally end up counting them on your fingers. I know a lot of people who in their pressing, dead-line driven lives make way for magic moments with utmost regularity. Treks to the Himalayas, back-packing expeditions, photography excursions, teaching the underprivileged children …. The list goes on. They are people who invariably live beyond themselves and yes they're all highly successful.

Following the herd : We live in a society that makes us follow rather than lead. Morrie again makes a profound statement to his student Mitch " Mitch, my son, Our culture makes you believe and follow a lot of things that are not right. Now's when you stand up and say ' I don't give a damn'. So many of our careers, our lives, our professions are dominated by our peers, media and the mass. We're all trapped in a world where we are forced to bow down to the rule and not the reality

My mother tells me ' Son, I don't know how these 53 years of my life have passed away … but I want you to be able to remember and cherish each day of your life as if it were you last'.

So in this year that awaits us let's pray to the Lord to give us the strength, the power and the belief to 'Live a Lifetime in every HeartBeat'

0 comments:

Post a Comment

"The person who writes for the intelligent and smart like you is always sure of a meagre audience" - Anuj Gosalia