Tuesday 11 April, 2006

Boulevard of Fantasies : Part 1



What seemed like an amorous stare was infact her meditation...
Gazing at the migrating sun was a religion sworn in out of choice. A way of acknowledging the light.

She was there, like every other day, sauntering on the oft-trodden Marine Drive pathway. Thoughts, like automobiles post liberalisation, raced through her head. "How did my day shape up?", she questioned her seeking mind. Pat came the reply - A day of meaning and purpose, as always, my girl. Alas.. For the multitude of timid souls who see not victory or defeat.
The whiff of platonic roadside coffee - of aroma's beyond tainted Barista beans and illusionary cafe days, moved her to the day's morning. Of days where moments lived lifetimes...

"And all the roads we have to walk along are winding,
And all the lights that lead us there are blinding "
- preached Oasis out of her poor lil' rich phone. Passionate dreams within dreamy eyes greeted another May morning. Good morning 'Sarah'! - she told herself as she sprung out of her bed. Sleep was but an excuse to nurture her dreams. Her accelerated demeanour was characterized by an unhurried calmness within, as paradoxical as it may seem. There was once an untrained mind. She trained the intrained. It needed no training. Mornings were spent with herself.Especially while bathing.Water interacted with milky skin in a form so unlike the adulterated convergence of milk and water at our local doodhwaala's. Lame metaphor to an otherwise priceless moment. Mortal men envy the two hydrogen and one oxygen atom on her skin alabaster. She wore no make up. She frowned at the thought of it. God Bless her. The black eye-liner seduces her into application. "Black Envy" screamt girls when her eyes met theirs.

Of simple things she lived. An ipod, a shoulder bag, low-waist Diesel jeans and a white(read:plain) top. She was born, as if through an error of destiny, into a faimily unfazed by inflationary tendencies in the economy.Her infectious grin crinkled the white on the her face as she bid her good ole' family adieu. She was out. Another day. Another adventure. Life. "Have a good day guys", with an earnest heart was her sign-off.

I see her making a beeline for Andheri Station. A station famous for its pungent odour, Mc'donalds, vada-pavs, harmonious noise and of men who sweat it out. literally. In the meantime, her ipod shuffles between Green Day, Himesh Reshamiya and Orange County. She hurries, you see, for her 8.48 local. She is unperturbed by the daily Mumbai frenzy. Or maybe she is. I don't know. Maybe she dreams of change, of revolution. Maybe she identifies with Sonia of Rang De Basanti, maybe she doesn't. Maybe she will die for a cause, maybe she will live for it...

I like the way she embraces unspoken words, unknown people and unexpressed love. I like her eccentricity. 'Sarah' lives in a world of unrewarding love. She practices a different Math. Perspiration off laborious women rub against her flawless skin as she is propelled towards her St. Xavier Landmark. She doesn't mind. It keeps her grounded. May the Lord be with her...

"Because maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me..."






P.S - To be continued...

8 comments:

  1. Really Nice...If only I could I find the rite words to praise this post. Eagerly awaiting the sequel....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahem ahem....uhh...erm...weirded out.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting, intriguing made me read it at least thrice.. she is a bit of every girl & yet so different, this Sarah...ders a bit of me too(yaay!)
    d narrative, i dunno y, reminds me of Shantaram..n then there is Wonderwall...aaahh...
    cant wait for Part 2..!
    Cheers \m/, (+.+) ,\m/

    ReplyDelete
  4. My life, my name, my call, my game. My hurdles, my strife, my dreams, my fuckin life. There are times u get too high, there are times u wanna cry. There are times u scream at skies but time just flashes by. There are times u lose the way, there are times u wanna stray. The green grass covers the ground,the answer's yet to be found. I am hellbound, I am the hellhound. I am, my own God, shake ur ass or plain nod. Aint your bitch, find your own fuckin broad. Am gonna make u pay ur bit, gonna make u take ur shit.
    In sin, I roll and ride, remember my name....
    its Pride.
    hark sailor! ye kows me. Jus thot of givin' ye some food fer thot. don kno if it ll be of help.
    keedas...keep on...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hail Sarah for inspiring such a gorgeous post!
    Anuj, my my.. what an intense post and so well written that i could almost picture her (had you mentioned a line more).
    And when did you get all poetic?
    It is simply beeautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i lurrvveee that rhyme ya..is it an original??..huz dis anonymus?? grrr...tats y i dun like anonymus comments...
    Cheers \m/, (+.+) ,\m/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it...its very beautifully written... i like the comparisons... some are unheard of and thats why they appeal... soo different...
    i like "Gazing at the migrating sun was a religion sworn in out of choice. A way of acknowledging the light." and the comparison of milk and water while she bathes.. :) ...doodhwalas.. hahaha!;)
    I also like that one abt her calculating a different kind of Math....
    "Maybe she will die for a cause, maybe she will live for it..."
    Its damn nice... can picture her... :).... can relate too...
    And needless to say the picture is beeeaautiful!:)

    ReplyDelete

"The person who writes for the intelligent and smart like you is always sure of a meagre audience" - Anuj Gosalia